One of my colleagues gave me a gift box during our office Christmas party. Later than night, upon the prodding of one of my team mates, I opened it and was quite surprised to find that it contained 5 new books which doesn’t exactly come cheap. The first one I saw was Jerry Weinberg’s book on general systems thinking. I’ve found it to be a recommended book in at least two or three software testing sites. And my jaw just dropped when I saw that in there.
Anyway, here’s the list of books I got:
- An Introduction to General Systems Thinking (Silver Anniversary ed.) by Gerald M Weinberg
- Pragmatic Thinking & Learning: Refactor Your Wetware by Andy Hunt
- Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management by Scott Berkun
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Revolutionary Companies by Jim Collins
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation by James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones